Política de privacidad
Last modified: August 9, 2021
At Monsalisa Candles, we respect the privacy and security of our users, customers and suppliers, as well as their representatives, in relation to all products, services, applications and websites provided by Monalisa Candles, LLC, or any of its affiliates (collectively, “Monalisa Candles,” "We," “us,” or “our”) and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, or that you may provide to us, through this website, application, or service (the “Website”) that may be processed by us. This Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Monalisa Candles or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or • Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
- INTRODUCTION AND CONTACT INFORMATION
- INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT 3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
- COOKIES POLICY
- HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
- STORAGE AND DATA TRANSFERS
- SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES THAT PROVIDE CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OUR SERVICES
- YOUR RIGHTS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS / CCPA
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- USERS OF WEBSITES FROM THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA Contact Information:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Information You Give Us:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
When you use this Website or contact us by e-mail, social media, SMS, telephone, or other methods, we may collect and process the following information that you give us:
- Forms filled out by you on this Website;
- Content of correspondence with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- Website registration;
- Subscriptions or orders placed on this Website;
- Participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on this Website; • Entering a competition, promotion or survey;
- If applicable, resume, work history, CV, resume or other job application information; • Reporting a problem or requesting support for this Website;
- Your interaction with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy;
- Personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, payment information, personal description, photographs, images or comments.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on the Website are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; • Information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time);
- Pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). See below for our Cookies Policy.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. We, or our third-party partners, may employ a software technology called web beacons (also known as web bugs, clear gifs or pixels) which helps us understand what content is effective, for example by counting the number of users who have visited these pages, and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to let us know when content is viewed. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded on web pages, ads, and e-mail. We, or our third-party partners, may tie the information gathered by web beacons to the other information we collect about you.
Cookies help us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You can find more information about the types of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Type of Cookie
Purpose of Cookie
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to browse our Website and use its features. The information collected by these cookies relate to the operation of our Website, for example website scripting language and security tokens to maintain secure areas of our Website.
These cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our Website, for example which pages you visit most often, whether you receive any error messages, and how you arrived at our Website. Information collected by these cookies is used only to improve your use of our Website and never to identify you. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services, such as Google Analytics.
These cookies remember choices you make, for example the country you visit our Website from, your language and any changes you have made to text size or other parts of web pages that you can customize, in order to improve your experience of our Website and to make your visits more tailored and enjoyable. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and cannot be used to track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits and inferred interests in order to make advertising more relevant to you. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert, as well as to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit, and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example advertisers.
Social Media These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on our Website with social media organizations such as Facebook and
Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to
the privacy policies of these organizations for how their cookies
(i) to collect anonymized data on users’ behavior on the Website. We may also capture what Website a user has come from and what Website they go to and also some demographic data (e.g., the user’s location) and we may use that data to analyze user behavior across multiple Websites;
(ii) to categorize pools of users (on an anonymized basis) based on demographic and/or behavioral data and use this to, (1) target our advertising to cookie-ed users on third party websites and Monalisa Candles websites, and (2) use that data to allow targeted third party advertising to categorized cookie-ed users either in respect of advertising placement Monalisa Candles has bought/placed and targeted to users on behalf of third parties or in respect of advertising bought/placed by third parties and targeted to cookie pools Monalisa Candles has "sold" to these third parties.
Some of our Websites may use Google AdSense to publish advertisements, including information about your demographics and interests. When you view or click on an advertisement a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other websites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookie by visiting Google’s Advertising and Privacy page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Most internet browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. However, if you want to refuse or delete any cookies (or similar technologies), please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to block or delete cookies. Please note you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of our Website, including certain personalized features, if you delete or disable cookies.
For more information on managing cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org, or visit www.youronlinechoices.eu which has further information about behavioral advertising and online privacy. In addition to disabling cookies and other tracking technologies as described above, you may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating ad networks, audience segment providers, ad serving vendors, and other service providers by visiting websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance, or European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
Do Not Track:
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us. • To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (adjust your user preferences in your account profile.)
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Monalisa Candles’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Monalisa Candles about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. • With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Monalisa Candles, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information:
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF DATA
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES THAT PROVIDE CONTENT, ADVERTISING OR FUNCTIONALITY ON OUR SERVICES
Some of the content, advertising and functionality on our Website may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example, you may have the opportunity to log in to our Website using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal data with us. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This Website is not directed toward children (as defined by local law) nor do we knowingly collect information from children (as defined by local law) without parental consent except where in compliance with applicable laws.
Moreover, our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from Monalisa Candles. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Monalisa Candles to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Monalisa Candles as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal data, and to request access to, rectification, erasure, and portability of your own personal data by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section. We may require you to prove your identity with approved identification if you request this information. You may also be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.
You are responsible for keeping your information current and up to date. You may update your information by contacting us as described in the “Contact” section. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or you can contact us as described in the “Contact” section.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please Section 11, Your California Privacy Rights, for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have certain rights regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of their personal data. As defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act, we engage in industry standard advertising business practices that may be considered a sale. We do not knowingly sell personal data related to children under 16 years of age. We may have sold personal data in the last 12 months in the following ways:
- By allowing advertising networks we partner with to place cookies or other tracking technologies through our Websites;
- By sharing hashed or pseudonymized identifiers with advertising networks to create audiences for use in online advertising.
California residents have the right to request:
- Disclosure of personal data we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; • Deletion of your personal data that we maintain;
- To opt out of the sale of your personal data.
How to Opt-Out and Other Privacy Choices
There are two categories of personal information we may have about you which are not connected:
- Name, email or physical address, purchase history, or other information that Identifies you (“Profile Information”). To opt out of the sale of your Profile Information, designate an authorized representative, make a general privacy request, or for more information, please email us at email@example.com.
- Interactions with Monalisa Candles websites, stores, or apps that use identifiers that cannot directly identify you (“Cookie Data”). To opt out of the sale of Cookie Data use the cookie consent tools available on our Website s. Look for a banner, link, and/or button with the text “Cookie Choices.”
Monalisa Candles may verify requests regarding Profile Information by confirming that you control the email address associated with your personal information. If necessary, and in consideration of available technology, security and privacy concerns, and the burden on our business, we reserve the right to take additional steps or require additional information to verify your request. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights.
Other California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
USERS OF WEBSITES IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Legal Basis for Data Processing:
- Necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us (for example, to provide you with the services you request and to identify and authenticate you so you may use the Website);
- Necessary to comply with legal requirements (for example, to comply with applicable accounting rules and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement); • Necessary for our legitimate interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and to improve the Website); and
- Based on consent by our customers (for example, to communicate with you about our products and services and provide you with marketing information), which may subsequently be withdrawn at any time (by using preference settings in emails or on our Websites, emailing us as set out in the Contact section) without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Furthermore, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We engage in automated decision making technologies to support our data processing activities. Our automated decision-making capabilities include logic that attempts to identify artists, music, brands, communications, products, or offers that we believe may interest you. By using this logic, it helps us personalize your interactions with Monalisa Candles. For you, this means that you may see online advertisements, direct marketing communications (if you have subscribed), or other advertising or marketing messages or special offers based on your activity on our Websites or interactions with Monalisa Candles or our third-party partners.
Additionally, our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denies listed IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
In some instances, you may be required to provide us with personal data for processing as described above, in order for us to be able to provide you to use all the features of the Website.
- transferring personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- using specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.